This is one tough roof that manages to keep looking its best, no matter what the elements throw at it.
Manufactured to the highest quality level, the slate-like Hatteras shingle is designed to withstand high winds, up to 110 mph. Perfect for coastal homes. Dual self-adhering strips deliver superior adhesion and performance, not to mention installation ease, saving time and money on roofing installation charges. Extra heavy-duty fiber glass backing for strength and resistance.
- 235 lbs. per square
- UL Class A fire resistance
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3462
- UL certified to meet ASTM 3018 Type I
- ASTM D3161, Class F, 110 mph wind resistance
- Conforms to CSA standard A123.5
- Miami-Dade Product Control Acceptance: Please see the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) to determine approved products by manufacturing location.
Applying a roof system correctly is essential to the warranty and performance of the roof. Please refer to the installation instructions for complete details. Available in both English and Spanish.
CertainTeed warrants that its shingles will be free from manufacturing defects, and provides the extra assurance of SureStart™ protection. Below are highlights of the warranty for Hatteras®. See CertainTeed's Asphalt Shingle Products Limited Warranty document for specific warranty details regarding this product.
- Lifetime-year, limited transferable warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ warranty (100% replacement and labor costs due to manufacturing defects)
- 10-year StreakFighter® warranty against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae 15-year,
- 110 mph wind-resistance warranty
Hatteras® asphalt roofing shingles are available for Export. Please review the related Export documents for additional information.