The Apollo Tile II system is the pinnacle of energy production, using high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells to capture and convert the most energy per square foot of any solar tile. Apollo Tile II also functions as your roof, generating clean energy while blending seamlessly into the surrounding tile and protecting your home from water intrusion.
Features and Benefits
The Apollo Tile II system is a versatile solution for maximum power and aesthetics when installed directly on a new or existing tile roof.
- Beauty: Apollo Tile II is designed to match the profile of flat concrete tiles, visually blending into your roof and providing a clean look which a standard rack-mounted system cannot match. An all-black solar laminate combined with a custom colored frame allows the solar tiles to blend with a variety of tile colors.
- Efficiency: 14 high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells provide a power rating of 60 watts per solar tile.
- Simplicity: No need to find rafters. Apollo Tile II solar tiles are installed directly into the roof sheathing using standard deck screws.
- Lightweight: No need for structural reinforcements or analysis. At 13 pounds per square foot, the Apollo Tile II system weighs substantially less than a tile roof.
- Durable: Even though Apollo Tile II tiles are lightweight, they are designed to be strong. The solar shingles have been tested and rated to withstand 250 pounds per square foot.
- Wind Resistant: The Apollo Tile II system achieves the highest wind rating available for roofing materials and can be installed in wind zones of up to 150 miles per hour.
- Watertight: Water channels and raised fastener locations provide added protection against water intrusion. With over 110 years in the roofing industry, you can be assured that CertainTeed knows how to keep water out of your home.
Find out more about how Apollo Tile II can reduce your electric bill without sacrificing the beauty of your home. Find a CertainTeed Credentialed Solar Installer in your area.