Designed for fabrication into supply and return air duct work for both residential and commercial heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems. CertainTeed duct board products can be fabricated into square, rectangular or multiside sections. Standard, factory-molded male and female shiplap edges ensure tight and strong fabricated transverse joints.PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Composed of resin-bonded glass fibers with a reinforced foil laminate air barrier/vapor retarder facing applied to the outside surface and a textile fiber glass non-woven mat bonding to the air stream surface.FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Quiet System: The fiber glass acoustical insulation attenuates unwanted crosstalk, air rush and equipment noise.
- Lower Operating Costs: The exceptional low leakage rate (SMACNA class 6), in combination with the thermal efficiency of ToughGard and Ultra*Duct Black, means savings in energy and improved system performance.
- Reduces Condensation: The built-in vapor retarder on ToughGard and Ultra*Duct Black reduces the chance of condensation and the resulting chance of material and system damage caused by unwanted moisture.
- Durability and Cleanability: ToughGard’s tough air stream surface makes it resistant to fabrication, job site and installation damage and provides extra protection during system cleaning. Ultra*Duct Black and ToughGard duct board can be cleaned effectively with industry recognized duct cleaning equipment and procedures as outlined in the North American Insulation Manufacturers Association (NAIMA) Duct Cleaning Guide. Proper design, filtration, maintenance and operation of the HVAC system will reduce the need for cleaning.
- Resists Microbial Growth: The air stream surface of CertainTeed duct board contains an EPA registered antimicrobial agent to reduce the potential of microbial growth that may affect this product. The antimicrobial properties are intended to only protect this product.
These insulation products may qualify for rebates and other incentives. For more information, visit certainteed.com/itools
for your area’s specific offers.
CertainTeed cares about the environment and Building Responsibly™, and for more than 100 years has maintained a commitment to provide sustainable, innovative solutions that improve energy efficiency and comfort. From production to product, CertainTeed's focus has been on minimizing its impact on the environment by reducing energy consumption, conserving renewable resources and lowering greenhouse gas emissions. And with our Sustainable Insulation® fiber glass products, the mission continues. Visit www.sustainableinsulation.com
for more information or watch our YouTube video