Installing Fiber Glass Building Insulation is an easy, cost effective method to help conserve energy in residential and commercial new construction, remodeling, and reinsulation. In addition to its thermal properties, Fiber Glass Building Insulation also provides excellent acoustical performance. It is compression packaged for ease of handling, and its broad availability of R-values, sizes and facings ensures the right product for the job.
- A high-quality fiber glass batt or roll used in residential construction for thermal and acoustical insulation of walls, ceilings and floors.
- Unfaced insulation is manufactured in increased widths to permit friction-fit installation in wall cavities. This insulation is used with a separate vapor retarder, such as CertainTeed’s MemBrain™, The Smart Vapor Retarder, or where a vapor retarder is not required.
- Kraft Faced insulation is manufactured with an integral vapor retarder. The kraft facing includes attachment flanges at the edges that are used for either face or inset stapling. The kraft facing, applied with asphalt to the fiber glass insulation, has a vapor transmission (permeance) rating of one perm or less.
- Thermally efficient to help fight rising utility bills
- Lightweight and flexible for easy installation
- Good sound absorption; reduces noise level wherever applied
- Inorganic glass fiber is noncorrosive; it will not rot or mildew or otherwise deteriorate
- Does not absorb moisture
- Noncombustible per ASTM E136 (unfaced only)
CertainTeed offers a full line of residential fiber glass insulation products to meet the needs of your business and your customers, including:
- Unfaced Batt Insulation
- Faced Batt Insulation
- FSK 25
- White PSK
- DryRight™ Sustainable Insulation®
- EasyTouch™ Sustainable Insulation®
- SpeedyR™ Tabless Batts Sustainable Insulation®
- UltraComfort™ Blowing Insulation
- UltraTherm™ S&R Shake and Rake Loose Fill Fiber Glass Insulation
These insulation products may qualify for energy tax credits. For more information, visit the Energy Tax Credit
page, or certainteed.com/itools
for your area’s specific rebates and incentives.