SilentFX™ Gypsum Board is installed following traditional methods of application and finishing of interior gypsum board products for both walls and ceilings.
• Plan SilentFX™ board layout to stagger joints from one side of the wall to the other.
• Install insulating batts (CertainTeed’s thermal and acoustical fiber glass insulation or equivalent) in cavities.
• Use putty pads (tested per ASTM E 90) or acoustical sealant to seal electrical outlets.
• Install SilentFX™ in accordance with GA-216, “Application and Finishing of Gypsum
Panels” (ASTM C840).
• Allow a 1/4" (6 mm) gap around all wall perimeter edges.
• SilentFX™ boards are cut by deeply scoring from both sides and snapping, or using a hand or power saw.
• Cutting across 4' (1220 mm) width may require use of a hand or power saw.
• Seal the 1/4" (6 mm) perimeter gaps and wall penetrations per ASTM C 919 with acoustical sealant (Green Glue® Noiseproofing Sealant or equivalent).
SilentFX™ Gypsum Board may be finished, painted or wallpapered using conventional gypsum board techniques. The Gypsum Association publication GA-214, “Recommended Levels of Gypsum Board Finish,” should be referenced when specifying the level of finishing desired.
For complete installation instructions, please see ProRoc Install Like the Pros, Gypsum Board Installation Guide.