SilentFX® Gypsum Board is installed following traditional methods of application and finishing of interior gypsum board products for both walls and ceilings.
• Plan SilentFX board layout to stagger joints from one side of the wall to the other.
• Install insulating batts (CertainTeed’s thermal and acoustical fiber glass insulation or equivalent) in cavities.
• Use putty pads (tested per ASTM E 90) or acoustical sealant to seal electrical outlets.
• Install SilentFX in accordance with GA-216, “Application and Finishing of Gypsum
Panels” (ASTM C840).
• Allow a 1/4" (6 mm) gap around all wall perimeter edges.
• SilentFX boards are cut by deeply scoring from both sides and snapping, or using a hand or power saw.
• Cutting across 4' (1220 mm) width may require use of a hand or power saw.
• Seal the 1/4" (6 mm) perimeter gaps and wall penetrations per ASTM C 919 with acoustical sealant (Green Glue® Noiseproofing Sealant or equivalent).
SilentFX Gypsum Board may be finished, painted or wallpapered using conventional gypsum board techniques. The Gypsum Association publication GA-214, “Recommended Levels of Gypsum Board Finish,” should be referenced when specifying the level of finishing desired.
For complete installation instructions, please see Install Like the Pros, Gypsum Board Installation Guide.