No-Coat® INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Apply a generous amount of approved joint compound to a clean, dry surface of drywall.
2. Place the No-Coat® corner onto wet joint compound and press on firmly.
3. Using a stiff 4 inch to 6 inch taping knife or an appropriate No-Coat® roller, wipe very hard, squishing the excess mud out from behind the No-Coat® corner trim and embedding the mud into both the paper fibers of the drywall board and the joint tape paper surface of the No-Coat® corner.
No-Coat® has a number of installation rollers available to help insure proper embedding, depending on the product used.
The process described above is the most important part of drywall corner trim installation and must be followed correctly for the warranty to apply.
• No-Coat® drywall corners have a built-in flexible hinge that can adjust to any angle. If a wall is far out of plumb, simply pinch the No-Coat® corner trim and adjust it accordingly. We also recommend applying an excess of All-Purpose joint compound to compensate for large gaps.
• When storing ULTRATRIM™ corners, lay boxes flat on the floor. Leaning boxes against a wall may eventually cause the corners to warp.
• Tape and coat drywall board seams and ceiling joints before applying No-Coat® drywall corners. This will create a smoother surface for corner trim application, and a straighter finished profile.