- Thickness: 1/2” (12.7 mm), 5/8” (15.9 mm) Type X, Type C
- Lengths: 8’ to 12’ standard
- Widths: 4’ (1220 mm) standard
- Edges: Square and Tapered
- Paper: 100% recycled Ivory colored face paper and strong liner back paper.
- Weight: 2.3 lb/ft2 (11.2 kg/m2)
- Packaging: Two pieces per bundle; face-to-face and end-taped.
Special widths, lengths or edges may be available on special order. Consult your CertainTeed sales representative.
- meets ASTM C1396, Type X standards.
Surface Burning Characteristics: CertainTeed Veneer Plaster Base Type X Gypsum Board has a Flame Spread rating of 15 and Smoke Developed rating of 0, in accordance with ASTM E 84, (UL 723, UBC 8-1, NFPA 255, CAN/ULC-S102). “UL Classified for Fire Resistance (ANSI/UL 263; ASTM E 119) and listed under UL File No. CKNX.R3660”
Consult the GA-600 Fire Resistance Design Manual or UL Fire Resistance Directory, Volume 1 for specific information regarding the construction of fire resistance rated assemblies.
For complete Technical Data, please see Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
See important Fire Safety Information.