No-Coat® INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Apply a generous amount of approved joint compound to a clean, dry surface of drywall.
2. Place the No-Coat® corner onto wet joint compound and press on firmly.
3. Using a stiff 4 inch to 6 inch taping knife or an appropriate No-Coat® roller, wipe very hard, squishing the excess mud out from behind the No-Coat® corner trim and embedding the mud into both the paper fibers of the drywall board and the joint tape paper surface of the No-Coat® corner.
No-Coat® has a number of installation rollers available to help insure proper embedding, depending on the product used.
The process described above is the most important part of drywall corner trim installation and must be followed correctly for the warranty to apply.
• Before installing ULTRATRIM™ Bullnose drywall corners, cut a 12” section and use it as a guide to determine if the drywall is held back flush with the framing at the corner. If the corner “rocks” on the corner, cut back the drywall further for the best finished results.
• When storing ULTRATRIM™ corner trim, lay boxes flat on the floor. Leaning boxes against a wall may eventually cause the corners to warp.
• Tape and coat drywall board seams and ceiling joints before installing No-Coat® corner trim. This will create a smoother surface for drywall corner installation, and a straighter finished profile.