The Apollo II system is the pinnacle of energy production, using high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells to capture and convert the most energy per square foot of any solar shingle. Apollo II also functions as your roof, generating clean energy while protecting your home from water intrusion.
Features and Benefits
The Apollo II system is a versatile solution for maximum power and aesthetics when installed directly on a new or existing asphalt shingle roof.
- Beauty: An all-black solar shingle with a low profile visually blends into your roof and provides a clean look which a standard rack-mounted system cannot match.
- Efficiency: 14 high-efficiency monocrystalline silicon solar cells provide a power rating of 60 watts per solar shingle.
- Simplicity: No need to find rafters. Apollo II solar shingles are installed directly into the roof sheathing using standard deck screws.
- Lightweight: No need for structural reinforcements or analysis. The Apollo II system weighs about as many pounds per square foot as a typical asphalt shingle.
- Durable: Even though Apollo II shingles are lightweight, they are designed to be strong. The solar shingles have been tested and rated to withstand 250 pounds per square foot.
- Wind resistant: The Apollo II system achieves the highest wind rating available for roofing materials and can be installed in wind zones of up to 150 miles per hour.
- Watertight: Water channels and raised fastener locations provide added protection against water intrusion. With over 110 years in the roofing industry, you can be assured that CertainTeed knows how to keep water out of your home.
Find out more about how Apollo II can reduce your electric bill without sacrificing the beauty of your home. Find a CertainTeed Solar Installer in your area.