Marine Duct Wrap Insulation is used to insulate rectangular and round HVAC ductwork for marine and general applications. It reduces unwanted heat loss or gain from equipment and ductwork and, when properly installed in the correct thickness, virtually eliminates condensation problems on cold duct surfaces.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- More efficient operation of heating and cooling equipment
- Prevention of moisture issues caused by condensation
- Available unfaced or with FSK vapor retarder facing
- Faced products have stapling/taping tab on one edge
Model Building Codes:
- ICC Material Standards
- ASTM C1290
- ASTM C553, Type I -- Type 75 Duct Wrap
- ASTM C553, Type II -- Type 100 and 150 Duct Wrap
- ASTM C553, Type III -- Type 150 Duct Wrap
- ASTM 1136 -- FSK and Type II Certifications: USCG 164.109/58/0 and 164.112/122/0
- NFPA 90A •NFPA 90B Fire Hazard Classification
- Ul 723, ASTM E84, NFPA 255, CAN/ULC-S102-M88
- Max. Flame Spread Index: 25
- Max. Smoke Developed Index: 50 Noncombustibility
- ASTM E136, Meets requirements Physical/Chemical Properties
See Marine Duct Wrap specification sheet (30-35-015) Operating Limits (Temperature)
- ASTM C411, Faced -- Max. 250ºF (121ºC)
- ASTM C411, Unfaced -- Max. 450ºF (232ºC) Water Vapor Sorption
- ASTM C1104, < 5% by weight Water Vapor Transmission (Facing)
- Max. 0.02 perms (1.15 x 10-9 g/Pa-s-m2) (ASTM E96, Desiccant Method)
- ASTM C665, Passes test requirements Fungi Resistance
- ASTM C1338, Passes test requirements Odor Emission
- ASTM C1304, Passes test requirements
Click links to access technical specifications, safety data sheets and documents.
Sheet metal ducts shall be clean, dry and sealed tightly prior to insulating with CertainTeed Marine Duct Wrap. To ensure installed thermal performance, CertainTeed Marine Duct Wrap shall be cut to "stretch-out" dimensions. This requires measurement of the duct perimeter, then cutting the duct wrap to the dimensions (perimeter + add-on) indicated in the stretch-out table on the Marine Duct Wrap Insulation specification sheet (30-35-015). A 2" piece of insulation is removed from the facing at the end of the piece of insulation to form an overlapping stapling and taping flap. CertainTeed Marine Duct Wrap is installed by wrapping the insulation around the perimeter of the duct with the facing out. Adjacent sections of duct wrap are tightly butted with the 2" taping flap overlapping. Seams shall be stapled with outward-clinching staples on approximately 6" centers. Where a vapor retarder is required, all seams, joints, tears, punctures and/or other penetrations of the duct wrap shall be sealed with a pressure-sensitive vapor retarder tape that matches the facing, or a suitable mastic system. Where rectangular ducts are 24" in width or greater, CertainTeed Marine Duct Wrap shall be additionally secured to the bottom of the duct with mechanical fasteners spaced 18" on center to prevent sagging. For additional installation details, consult the National Commercial and Industrial Insulation Standards (current edition) published by the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association (MICA). CertainTeed recommends that all installations be approved and certified by the local approval bodies. Approved assemblies for specific fire rating are available upon request.
Refer to CertainTeed's Limited One-Year Warranty for Fiber Glass Duct Wraps (30-29-047).
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet. CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.