CrimpWrap™ provides the thermal and compressible properties of rigid insulation board in a unique flexible blanket of variably oriented glass fibers firmly bonded together with a thermosetting resin. Available with either Foil Scrim (FSK) or white ASJ vapor retarder facings, CrimpWrap™can control heat loss or gain on large diameter pipping and equipment more economically than molded insulation. Insulating vessels and pipes with service temperatures from 35oF to 850oF (2oC to 454oC), CrimpWrap™also provides hot surface protection for personnel during system operation.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Economical - CrimpWrap is more economical than molded pipe insulation when used to wrap large diameter pipe
- Thermal Performance - Helps control heat loss or gain and provides protection from a hot surface during system operation
- Rigid Fiber Glass Board Qualities - Thermal and compressible properties of rigid fiber glass board, yet flexible enough to wrap vessels and large diameter pipes
- Helps Eliminate Strip Delamination - The continuous fiber glass blanket construction eliminates the potential for strip delamination common in traditional tank wrap type insulation
CrimpWrap regularly meets the requirements of the following current specifications, standards and codes:
- ASTM C 612, Type IB
- ASTM C 1393, Type IIIA, Category 2
Click links to access technical specifications, safety data sheets and documents.
All fabrication, application and installation steps shall be in accordance with the product specification sheet or the requirements of the National Commercial and Industrial Installation Standards (current edition) published by the Midwest Insulation Contractors Association (MICA). Refer to CertainTeed installation manuals or CertainTeed specification sheets for installation guidelines.
Please refer to CertainTeed's Limited One-Year Warranty for Non-Residential Fiber Glass Insulation.
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet. CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.