CertainTeed Ceilings was the first manufacturer in the ceiling products industry to issue Environmental Product Declarations – comprehensive third-party life cycle assessments that tell their whole green story. Our EPDs cover 0ver 20 ceiling product families, and now they are certified by both UL Environment and The Green Standard. Click below to view/download.
Product Families Covered by EPDs*
What is an Environmental Product Declaration?
An Environmental Product Declaration, or EPD, is a rigorous third part examination of a product or product family's environmental impact. Evaluations are based on a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) that is performed using established Product Category Rules (PCRs).
What's in an EPD?
- Detailed breakdown of material content
- Production process and life cycle stage diagrams
- Health and safety information of producing and using the products
- Diagram of relative primary energy usage by life cycle stage
- Information on CertainTeed's ceiling panel takeback/recycling program