Wall and Ceiling Spray Textures provide a decorative appearance over gypsum panels and most other interior wall and ceiling surfaces. They are formulated to provide for a variety of decorative options including splatter, knockdown and orange peel designs.
Versatile – can be used in a variety of applications
- Wall and Ceiling Texture (Blue) – 308240
- Wall and Ceiling Texture (Red) – 308242
- Material: Powder
- Color: Off white
- Packaging: Powder 50 lb. (22.7kg) Bag
- Coverage: Approximately 500 ft2 per package, depending upon the type of pattern, the condition of the substrate, and the application technique.
- Shelf Life: 12 months from production code date when stored properly.
- Drying Time: 8 hours in normal conditions.
- Storage: Wall and Ceiling Textures should be stored in a dry, temperate location where there can be no contact with wet surfaces. Opened bags should be closed tightly before storage.
For complete Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
- Use a clean vessel equipped with powder agitator. For initial mix, stir powder into recommended amount of water agitating during powder addition. Allow to soak for at least 15 minutes. Remix until creamy, lump free mix is obtained. Adjust spray consistency by adding small amounts of water, if necessary. Over thinning can create an undesirable finish, "soft wall" or chalky condition. Over dilution can also entrain excessive air and foam. Note that the air and mix temperature will affect viscosity.
- Texture should not be applied until the primer coat is thoroughly dry. Products are specifically designed for spray application. The desired pattern can be achieved by varying the viscosity of the mix, the orifice opening at the spray tip, or the air supply pressure.
Please see Install Like the Pros for complete installation instructions.
Since methods and condition of application such as temperature, humidity and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions. However, if this product proves to be defective, maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the material only or refund of the purchase price. This shall be the full limit whatsoever of CertainTeed's liability. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State or federal laws may provide rights in addition to this warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed Gypsum is committed to sustainability. Our manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, provide regional material coverage and operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes reclamation, preservation of natural resources, recycling and waste management. We are continually looking for ways to reduce our impact on the environment while meeting customer demand for sustainable products that deliver comfort, protection and performance. For more information, please see our Sustainability Brochure.