Optimal strength and performance for the toughest, straightest edge.
Mud applied, Optimus drywall corner beads provide extra tough drywall corners that withstand severe impacts and settling. Won't blister, bubble or edge crack.
Available in Outside and Inside 90°, 3/8" Bullnose, L-Trim and Arch profiles.
- Outside 90° 8' 50 sticks/carton
- Outside 90° 9' 50 sticks/carton
- Outside 90° 10' 50 sticks/carton
- Outside 90° 12' 50 sticks/carton
- Inside 90° 8' 50 sticks/carton
- Bullnose 3/8" 8' 50 sticks/carton
- Bullnose 3/8" 9' 50 sticks/carton
- Bullnose 3/8" 10' 50 sticks/carton
- L-Trim 1/2" 10' 50 sticks/carton
- L-Trim 5/8" 10' 50 sticks/carton
- Bullnose 3/4" Arch 10' 10 sticks/carton
- Bullnose 3/8" Arch 10' 10 sticks/carton
- Outside 90° Arch 10' 10 sticks/carton
- ASTM C475: Standard Specification for Joint Compound and Joint Tape for Finishing Gypsum Board.
- ASTM C840: Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board.
- GA-214: Gypsum Association publication "Levels of Gypsum Board Finish."
- GA-216: Gypsum Association publication "Recommended Specifications for the Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board."
Application: Using the taping knife, apply joint compound to drywall, slightly beyond where the edge of the corner will be or use a hopper to fill the bead. Place corner trim on wall, ensuring it is aligned tightly to the ceiling. Press into position. Use the roller to embed the trim. Or embed using even pressure, running the knife over it at a 45° angle. Use the taping knife to skim over the edge with joint compound. Let dry thoroughly. Use the wider finishing knife to skim over the edge again. Let dry thoroughly. Lightly sand and paint.
For more detailed application instructions, please refer to the Optimus Data Sheet.
Since methods and condition of application such as temperature, humidity and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions. However, if this product proves to be defective, maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the material only or refund of the purchase price. This shall be the full limit whatsoever of CertainTeed's liability. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State or federal laws may provide rights in addition to this warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed Gypsum is committed to sustainability. Our manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, provide regional material coverage and operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes reclamation, preservation of natural resources, recycling and waste management. We are continually looking for ways to reduce our impact on the environment while meeting customer demand for sustainable products that deliver comfort, protection and performance.
For more information, please see our Sustainability Brochure.