Level V Wall and Ceiling Primer/Surfacer is a high quality PVA product applied in a production spray application to create a smooth wall finish that also gives mold resistance. It takes a level 4 finish to a level 5 without the need to skim coat by hand. Level V allows the paint to absorb at the same rate over the entire gypsum surface by sealing the porosity between the joint compound and the wallboard paper surface which provides a uniform finish coat. Due to the M2Tech technology the product achieves the highest possible score of 10 when tested per ASTM D3273.
5 US Gal. / 18.9 L Pail - Product Code: 310096
For a detailed description, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
- Color: White Finish:
- Flat Packaging: 5 US Gal. (18.9 L) Pail
- Coverage: Approximately 110-160 square feet (10.2–14.9 square meters) per gallon applied at 10-15 wet mils. Two coat application is optional.
- Shelf Life: One year when properly stored and sealed. Storage: Store materials in a dry area. Protect materials from direct sunlight. Store materials at a temperature between 40 degrees F – 120 degrees F (4 degrees C 49 degrees C).
For complete Technical Data, please see Product Data and Submittal Sheet
- Apply with 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" roller. The smaller the nap the less the stipple. Roll out to desired stipple which is approximately 6 mils wet. Allow to dry. Light sanding with 150-220 grit is optional.
- Apply Level V Wall and Ceiling Primer / Surfacer with an airless that sprays at least 1 gallon per minute, pump pressure rated at 2700-3000 psi and spray tip orifice between 0.023 and 0.031. Light sanding is option with 150-220 grit to smooth fall out or imperfections. Respirator not required but recommended. Clean tools, equipment with soapy water and rinse.
Since methods and condition of application such as temperature, humidity and over thinning are beyond our control, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. (CertainTeed) will not be responsible for the failure of this product when not used according to directions and specifications and accepted standards of procedure inherent in drywall application; or when reasonable allowance is not made by the user for adverse weather and job conditions. However, if this product proves to be defective, maximum liability shall be limited to replacement of the material only or refund of the purchase price. This shall be the full limit whatsoever of CertainTeed's liability. All claims shall be submitted in writing to CertainTeed within thirty days from the date of discovery. State or federal laws may provide rights in addition to this warranty that cannot be modified or excluded.
CertainTeed Gypsum is committed to sustainability. Our manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, provide regional material coverage and operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes reclamation, preservation of natural resources, recycling and waste management. We are continually looking for ways to reduce our impact on the environment while meeting customer demand for sustainable products that deliver comfort, protection and performance.
For more information, please see our Sustainability Brochure.