1/4" Flex specialty drywall is designed for curved applications and is designed to conform to curves without wetting. Curved partitions and surfaces present an aesthetic alternative to conventional flat construction, enabling interior designers, building owners and home owners to create soft, innovative looks. 1/4" Flex provides the greater installation flexibility required to take the contour of frame placement. 1/4" Flex is ideal for curved staircases and ceilings as well as column enclosures in low and high-rise residences, sport facilities, schools, condominiums and office areas. High edge hardness. No wavy edges, warps, bows or deformities. Uniform high-strength cores eliminate crumbling, cracking. Edge tapers consistent to form perfect joints. Excellent thermal barrier and sound attenuation qualities.
- Thickness: 1/4" (6.4mm)
- Lengths: 8' (2440mm), 12' (3660mm)
- Width: 4' (1220mm)
- Edges: Tapered
- Core: Gypsum core enclosed in ivory-colored face paper and liner back paper
- Paper: 100% recycled face and back paper
- Applicable Standard: Meets ASTM C 1396
For more detailed Technical Data, please see the Product Data and Submittal Sheet.
CertainTeed Regular Gypsum Board accepts most types of paints, textures and wall covering materials. The surface shall be primed and sealed with a full-bodied latex primer before applying a final decorative material. This will equalize the suction between the joint compounds and the paper surface. For best painting results, all surfaces, including joint compound, should be clean, dust-free and not glossy. If glossy paints are used, a thin skim coat of compound over the entire surface, Level 5 finish, is recommended to reduce highlighting or joint photographing. This method is also recommended for areas of critical sidelighting of natural or artificial light sources. A sealer application under wallpaper or other wall coverings is also recommended so the board surface will not be damaged if the covering is subsequently removed during redecorating. Joint treatment must be thoroughly dry before proceeding with primer-sealer application and final decoration.
For complete installation instructions, please see Install Like the Pros, Gypsum Board Installation Guide.
Please see the attached document for complete warranty details.
Committed to sustainability and total transparency, CertainTeed Gypsum is the first gypsum manufacturer to issue:
- EPDs: Comprehensive 3rd party life cycle assessments certified by UL Environment
- Type X and Easi-lite
- HPDs: Open standard, in which manufacturers report what makes up our products
- All of board products have HPDs
Our 14 gypsum board manufacturing facilities, located throughout North America, operate with a responsible and environmentally conscious ethic that includes
- Preservation of natural resources
- Face & back paper consists of 100% recycled paper
- In-plant scrap is recycled back into the manufacturing process
- Waste management
- Where sources are available, synthetic or by-product gypsum from the desulphurization of flue gases at coal-fired power plants is used.
- 3 of our manufacturing plants (Carrollton, Kentucky; Moundsville, West Virginia and Toronto, Ontario) use 100% synthetic gypsum and the total recycled content for these synthetic gypsum plants is 96%.
Although LEED rating systems do not currently address emissions for all building materials and their effects on indoor air quality, finished CertainTeed gypsum board products have no reportable VOCs and will not affect indoor air quality.