Put Your Best Face Forward
Light-density fiber glass batts with a kraft, foil, or a foil scrim kraft (FSK) fire-resistant vapor retarder facing.
- To improve thermal performance of exterior and interior walls and floor/ceiling assemblies.
- Kraft: non-exposed steel stud construction.
- Foil: non-exposed wood and steel stud construction.
- FSK-25: where a Fire Hazard Classification of 25/50 is required.
- Excellent thermal performance.
- Will not rot or mildew; resists fungal growth.
- Lightweight; easily fabricated and installed.
- FSK-25 only: UL listed; flame spread rating of 25 for exposed applications. Low perm rating.
These insulation products may qualify for rebates and other incentives. For more information, visit certainteed.com/itools for your area's specific offers.
Help build an environment of change.™ - Sustainable Insulation
Get Inspired and Learn More
COMPLIANCES - ALL FACINGS:
- ASTM C665, Type II, Class C, Category 1
- ICC Model Building Code
- California Quality Standards, Reg. No. CA-T024 (PA)
- ASTM C553, Type I
- ASTM C665, Type III, Class A, Category 1
- New York City MEA 19-80-M
- City of Los Angeles, RR 8148
In steel stud construction, insulation is friction-fitted into stud cavities prior to applying the interior finish. Kraft facings are combustible; do not use in exposed applications. Check local code requirements.
In steel stud construction, insulation is friction-fitted into stud cavities prior to applying the interior finish. Foil faced products used in wood stud construction should be stapled approximately every 8" (200mm) with the vapor retarder facing the conditioned space. Foil facings are combustible; do not use in exposed applications. Check local code requirements. FSK-25 In steel stud construction, insulation is friction-fitted into stud cavities prior to applying the interior finish.
faced products used in wood stud construction should be stapled approximately every 8" (200mm) with the vapor retarder system facing the conditioned space. For most applications, stapling and/or friction-fitting is all that is required. Consult your architect for specific vapor retarder requirements.
These installation recommendations are general in nature. Other methods are acceptable. Please consult local building codes for recommendations best suited to the application.
Please refer to CertaPro™ Commercial Limited One-Year Fiber Glass Insulation Warranty.
In as much as CertainTeed has no control over the installation design, installation workmanship, accessory materials, or conditions of application, CertainTeed does not warrant the performance or results of any installation containing its products.
CertainTeed insulation products improve building energy efficiency and reduce building energy consumption for the life of the structure. As a result, they help conserve nonrenewable energy sources, decrease dependence on foreign oil and lower greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, the recycled content of CertainTeed fiber glass insulation meets the EPA minimum Recovered Material Guideline for fiber glass products consisting of preconsumer and post-consumer glass cullet.
CertainTeed Sustainable Insulation is GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage.