INSTALLATION AND FINISHING
SilentFX™ Gypsum Board is installed following traditional methods of application and finishing of interior gypsum board products for both walls and ceilings.
- Plan SilentFX™ board layout to stagger joints from one side of wall to other.
- Install insulating batts (CertainTeed's thermal and acoustical fiber glass insulation, or equivalent) in cavities.
- Use putty pads (tested per ASTM E 90) or acoustical sealant to seal electrical outlets.
- Install SilentFX™ in accordance with GA-216, "Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panels" (ASTM C 840).
- Allow 1/4" (6 mm) gap around all wall perimeter edges.
- SilentFX™ boards are cut by deeply scoring from both sides and snapping, or the use of hand or power saw.
- Cutting across 4' (1220 mm) width may require use of hand or power saw.
- Seal the 1/4" (6 mm) perimeter gaps and wall penetrations per ASTM C 919 with acoustical sealant (Green Glue® Noiseproofing Sealant, or equivalent).
SilentFX™ Gypsum Board may be finished, painted or wallpapered using conventional gypsum board techniques. The Gypsum Association publication GA-214, "Recommended Levels of Gypsum Board Finish" should be referenced when specifying the level of finishing desired.